Saturday, July 17, 2010

Goals.

I've been wanting to post my bucket list for a while but I've been so busy it's been in draft for a LONG TIME.

Its long - I'm sorry but I do hope you make it through the whole thing. You may get bored and stop reading, I'm ok with that but you'll be missing out;)

I originally started a bucket list when I was approximately 19 it was 15 items and dramatically different then the items I have added but I've encorporated these items into the master list.

Some items I've already ticked off - woot!
  1. Own a convertible *VW Cabrio white it was so cute!
  2. Hike, bike, ski and snowboard in the Canadian Rockies
  3. Travel to Europe
  4. Hike the Adirondack Mountains in New York
  5. Race an adventure race *50 MOMAR AR
  6. Race a 50km trail running race *50 North Face Endurance Challange
  7. Hike the Grand Canyon
  8. Skinny dip at midnight in the ocean in Mexico
  9. White water rafting 
  10. Sky driving *With my brother and 15 amazing friends
  11. Hike Pikes Peaks in Colorado
  12. Run Elfin Lakes
  13. Experience Vegas with my best girlfriends *fun but hopefully I won't ever have to go back again
  14. Grouse Grind Squared up and BCMC down
  15. Survive heartbreak and come out happier and stronger
  16. Start saving for retirement young

I digress.

In no particular order. Here is my bucket list;
  1. Tofino; surf by day and laugh until it hurts with friends under the star filled sky by night - july 13/14, 2010
  2. Race Transrockies Run 
  3. Buy my own property with 20% down payment - April 2012
  4. Run/hike Joffre Lakes
  5. Do a triathlon - September 2012
  6. Fall deeply in love - fearlessly. helplessly. passionately. unconditionally.
  7. Turn off my mobile (and all other technology) for one week. Get lost in great literature, trails and afternoon naps - Patagonia, December 2012
  8. Heli-snowboarding in the BC interior or Alaska
  9. Go to “The Beach” in Thailand. The one that the book (one of my favourite books) & movie is based on 
  10. Invest smartly in the stock market. On my own - November 2012
  11. Adventure trip to Costa Rica; biking, hiking, rafting, paddling, running, surf
  12. Volunteer for a cause I'm passionate about - make a difference for it/them.
  13. Surf and snowboard in the same day 
  14. Hang out with Blue Footed Booby's in the Galapagos Islands
  15. Kiss someone with an accent (priority given to Aussie/Brit) - girls never kiss & tell
  16. Backpack Ecuador
  17. Run the Juan De Fuca Marine Trail
  18. Run a road marathon (preferably in Europe somewhere or New Zealand) 
  19. Hike/run the West Coast Trail 
  20. Have a mentor and eventually be someone's mentor - 2012 Mentorship group
  21. Shower in a waterfall 
  22. Own one very expensive but absolutely wonderful business suit.  
  23. Sleep under the stars
  24. Find a job I love working for a company whose brand is perfectly aligned to mine 
  25. Go on a holiday with no luggage and no worries 
  26. Raft through the Grand Canyon 
  27. Travel Belize
  28. Own home with tons of windows (floor to ceiling, wall to wall that overlook a lush green backyard), giant kitchen with large island that opens into a great room for entertaining
  29. Learn to sail
  30. Attend SXSW interactive & music conference - March 2012
  31. Explore Peru with my brothers
  32. Participate in a Carnival and watch football in Brazil 
  33. Take a photography course
  34. Dance tango in Argentina - December 2012
  35. Make love on a beach and then watch the sun rise
  36. Spend some time in Chile - December 2012
  37. Spend a month in Australia; Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef, go to music festivals and travel   
  38. Get an article/blog story published   
  39. Become a good swimmer
  40. Cross a glacier on foot (preferably running)
  41. Visit the source of one of the world’s great rivers
  42. Buy a road bike - August 15th, 2010
  43. Top 40 under 40
  44. Climb an active volcano
  45. Photograph endangered species.
  46. Get one of my photographs published by National Geographic
  47. Attend a music festival in another country
  48. Be in the stands when two rival South American club teams play each other in soccer
  49. Bike ride from Vancouver to Napa Valley. And then enjoy a week of tasting delicious wines 
  50. Swim with dolphins
  51. Travel to all 7 continents
  52. Race in New Zealands coast to coast AR race
  53. Sit in the stands of a Grand Slam Tennis Tournament (preferably Australian Open or Wimbledon) - June 2012
  54. Coachella 2011. No need to say more. - April 2011
  55. Successfully grow veggies  
  56. Finish an Ironman
  57. Go on an African Safari and run Marathon Des Sables
  58. Race the multi day Patagonia adventure race
  59. Say Yes to someone and change their life!
  60. Mortgage free by the time I'm 50
  61. Go on a weekend road trip with my Mom to spa. Bring my running shoes & bike get adventure time to
  62. Go skate-skiing
  63. Attend TedXVan - October 2012
  64. Live in the UK
  65. Ride a bicycle along the cobblestone roads in Santorini
  66. Go scuba-diving in Bora Bora
  67. Earn 6 figures
  68. Concur Africa. Be enriched by the culture, sights and food
  69. Experience Mardi Gras in New Orlean
  70. Give anonymously to a friend or family when they need it most
  71. Take a painting class
  72. Decorate a my house with my own photography and art - May 2012 (My art. Masey's Photography)
  73. Start my own company
  74. Visit the pyramids in Egypt on a camel
  75. Relax on at least one of these beaches 
  76. Spend some time in the Gulf Islands of BC.  Walking, running, hiking, biking, camping just being me outside
  77. Weekend getaway to Rockwater Secret Cove 
  78. I love organization, have California closets customize every closet/cupboard in my house
  79. Run a 100 km/mile trail race
  80. Own 5 bikes; cross country, road, cruiser, commuter, full suspension (at least 2 must be pink)
  81. Experience a Christmas morning on a beach complete with the 3 F's; family, fresh fruit and flip flops
  82. Stay in a hut over the water in Bali
  83. Have a backyard (or patio) with BBQ, contemporary furnisher, outdoor fireplace and water feature
  84. Go rock climbing outside
  85. Attend a TED conference (Global)
  86. Travel South America including exploring Patagonia - Torres Del Paine, December 2012
  87. Do a handstand outside the Colosseum in Greece
  88. Get a Thai massage on the beach in Thailand
  89. Hike to Machu Picchu
  90. Take Piano/Guitar lessons
  91. Buy an expensive camera - March 2012
  92. Do 15 handstand pushups in a row
  93. Start my own family
  94. Go to a summer Olympic Games
  95. Own lighting from Bocci
  96. Take a healthy, gourmet cooking class (wheres a place right near my house...I have no excuses anymore - Dirty Apron) - July 2012 with Ms. Stack
  97. Travel India 
  98. Watch the sun set over Uluru (Ayres Rock), Australia 
  99. Do to karoake 
  100. Ride a horse down the beach with the breeze blowing in my hair
  101. Wake up on Christmas morning to a fresh dumping of power with my family at Big White
  102. Get my masters
  103. Be adventurous in Joshua Tree National Park
  104. Cross a country on a bike  
  105. Trek through the jungle 
  106. Climb one of the world’s Seven Summits
  107. Dive with a sharks (and get over my fear)
Health Goals
  1. Healthy Spin
  2. Dairy free
  3. Gluten free
  4. Chocolate free
  5. Coffee free
  6. Package foods free
  7. Meat free
  8. No prescription meds (because my body is healthy from the above)
  9. Sleep for at least 8hours a night
That is all.  For Now.

**Recruiting: awesome peeps to join me;)**  

    8 comments:

    1. What a great list! It says a lot about you…and it's all good :) I also love the book the Beach- it has stayed with me…and one of only a few that i've caed to finish. I can also relate to so many on this list. I think i'll give such a list ago….over the coming months.

      Thanks for sharing. I'm from the UK by the way- so if you want any tips when you head over- shout out!

      ReplyDelete
    2. i'll help you out with #33 but might not be able to stick around for the sunrise.. ;p

      dc (aka lazy blogger)

      ReplyDelete
    3. An outstanding, well thought through list. Mine's due out in the latter part of this year and you've provided me with even more food for thought than I had already!

      Even if you tick off only 20 of those amazing items you'll have lived a full life! Well done on establishing such amazing goals to begin with!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Paul - can't wait to read your list...may even poach a few ideas from you that relate to your neck of the woods.

      Coo - what can I say to that! Thanks for volunteering yourself so I can selfishly complete my list.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'll help ya with #87 - coz you know im good for at least 10.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I was looking for a way to procrastinate and thought to myself, I wonder if Katie is up to anything new...I should check her Blog...and it is my FAVOURITE POST YET !! I am sharing it with the ladies here in Montreal...it is getting late and I want to read each one carefully...and already, after a quick skim...I can for sure help you start crossing off some of the things on your list come September...anything "Martha-like"- I am in...anything Travelling- I am in..two weeks spring break, summers off...Master pay..yup, I am in! so, I wanted to thank you personally for the AWESOME procrastination tool while I am away (and missing my friends from home).

      love, love, love ya
      you are so insipiring...

      ~the one and only~ SMIEGLE~

      PS, Karalyn was wondering if you were going to update the list, letting us know when things get crossed off...cause I would like to be informed of when you have sex on the beach and wake up to a sunrise...tee hee

      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    7. i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Please recruit me for anything awesome, anytime:)
      PS - hope YOU are great!

      ReplyDelete