Picky and high-maintenance are words that have been used to describe my eating habits. I prefer to think of myself as ‘particular’, ‘special’ and having ‘an acute sense of detail’ when it comes to the food I put in my body. I know what I like and more importantly exactly what I don’t like.
Not to be mistaken as a vegetarian but rather ‘Selectively Omnivorous’. Since I was three years old I have not really eaten meat. It’s not an animal cruelty thing it’s just I don’t like the taste. Pollo-pescitarian is probably the best label for my eating habits; chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy and some grains are what I eat. I don't eat much wheat and living with Nicole (who has an allergy to gluten), we are always looking for new recipes that are wheat/gluten free, healthy, quick to prepare and scrumptious.
A new food I’ve been experimenting with is quinoa (pronounced keen-wa). Quinoa is sometimes called the "Supergrain of the Future." It contains more protein than any other grain and the protein is an unusually high quality; with an essential amino acid balance similar to milk. Easy on the stomach quinoa is light, tasty and easy to digest. Unlike most other grains it is not sticky or heavy, it’s simple and quick to prepare – about 15 minutes – and it’s versatile you could substituted it for almost any grain in almost any recipe. It tastes great on its own or in any dish from soup to salad.
Not to be mistaken as a vegetarian but rather ‘Selectively Omnivorous’. Since I was three years old I have not really eaten meat. It’s not an animal cruelty thing it’s just I don’t like the taste. Pollo-pescitarian is probably the best label for my eating habits; chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy and some grains are what I eat. I don't eat much wheat and living with Nicole (who has an allergy to gluten), we are always looking for new recipes that are wheat/gluten free, healthy, quick to prepare and scrumptious.
A new food I’ve been experimenting with is quinoa (pronounced keen-wa). Quinoa is sometimes called the "Supergrain of the Future." It contains more protein than any other grain and the protein is an unusually high quality; with an essential amino acid balance similar to milk. Easy on the stomach quinoa is light, tasty and easy to digest. Unlike most other grains it is not sticky or heavy, it’s simple and quick to prepare – about 15 minutes – and it’s versatile you could substituted it for almost any grain in almost any recipe. It tastes great on its own or in any dish from soup to salad.

No comments:
Post a Comment