Friday, October 9, 2009

400m Distance Burpees

I am consistently looking for new activities to do outside to challenge myself.  Introducing 400m distance burpees. The workout is equipment free and insanely hard. All you need is a track, a pair of runners and someone else just as nuts as you to keep you movitivated to complete burpees the entire way around the track.

Burpees use your own bodyweight as resistance for a total body workout works your stamina and fat loss.  A lot of my friends have been asking what a burpee is.  Burpees condition your entire body - Chris calls them the great equalizer. They develop strength, power, and anaerobic endurance.

To perform a Burpee:
Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you.
Kick your feet back to a pushup position (pushup if you can).
Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
Leap up as high as possible from the squat position (up is normal but this purpose we jumped forward.)
Strive for maximum height with each jump.













Chris and I rocked this workout especially considering it was our first time - I did feel like I might be sick immedately after finishing but that passed as soon as we started our cool down run laps.  The workout was followed by me introducing Chris to one of my favorite restaurants Nuba - which is so tatsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment