I started this post 4 weeks ago and still haven't finished...life got in the way. So here goes.
I'm in love. Two weeks ago I went on a weekend getaway to Tofino. The trip was on my BUCKET LIST and I got to tick this item off in the company of four awesome peeps; Nicole (aka The Napster), B-rad, DK and Josh. We were in search of sun, surf, laughs, good food and great company. We definitely found that and much more. Some highlights from the trip;
We stopped by the cutest surf shop on the way to rent surf boards. Only one problem - they were out of rental boards.
They had plenty of shiny new boards for sale....
And like any gear obsessed shopahalic I accidentally purchased a surf board. It wasn't one of the shiny and brand new it was actually slightly damaged but would do the trick for me. And it was only slightly more money then renting one so I figured - go big or go home! And thus "Slightly Damaged" join my sports gear collect. VERY NICE! Here are the girls helping B-rad load up my new board.
With no campsite reservation and all the campsites full we found a private beach at Kennedy Lake and set up girls and boys camps on the lake front. LOVELY!
Nicole made us the best sandwiches that were grill over the fire followed by little homemade fire grill fruit pies. Divine lakeside dining!!
The view we woke up to - BLISS!
I wish I woke up to this every morning.
When you go to Tofino I have the following list of places you must go to:Toifian Coffee - cash only, small but rivals some of my favourite in town favs
+ they have homemade baked goodness every morning
The Wildside Grill is conveniently located next door and has delicious food for lunch & dinner

The walk to Chesterman Beach - our first surf local
Team Awesome check out the surf before you commit
Mid day tan break on Chestermen Beach
The Girls
The Napster and I
The Cook B-rad
You can't take handstand out of the gymnast
A sunset dip with DK
Can't complain about our lake front camping - if only everyday started so lovely

What an amazing get-a-way!
ReplyDeleteLine of the weekend:
"That's Redneck boating... Can't see at night... Can't see anytime !"
Nap
HAHA I forgot about that guy :) Laughed soo hard!!
ReplyDeleteWe have to do it again soon. And I actually forgot I have my surf board at your house. I say we plan an Oct/Nov surf take away.
Looks like fuuuuuuun! ;)
ReplyDelete