I wanted to race but with all the wedding activities, work and roadtrips there was simply no time to effectively train. So I opted to crew for my buddy Tom, who was running his first 50 miler - Yahoo! I also had a bunch of friends running in the race as a relay team. I'l save the race reports to the gents but I had a fantastic day hanging out in the trails chatting w/other crew members and the runners;
Tom's race report here - http://bit.ly/aeLCnv
Chris' race report here - www.priceyruns.com
The good stuff - photos!!
Tom smashing coconut water at the 1st aid station I met him at
Heck ya I'm loving today!
the boys B-Rad, Pricey & Coo getting ready to smash the relay team course record
Tom cruising through one of the aid stations (we spotted a banshee on this section of the trail)
One of the other spectators baked homemade mint chocolate cookies ~ to die for ~ note to self bring baking the next time you crew a race it's a sure fire way to make friends
Brooke (just a couple weeks after she crushed the Knee Knacker course), Coach Campbell, Pricey and Me taking in all the Nine Mile Hill action
Coo after he smoked his relay leg - Nine Mile Hill - he seriously passed everything that was on the course in front of him (note: the banshee on the left of the shot still grinning with runners high)
Hoz getting supplies at the end of Nine Mile Hill section tied for 1st place
Hoz and his crew including Mike from Peak Performance tied for 1st and still time for pics. No Big Deal - right?
Winning relay team - setting a new course record to boot! and yep two of them had babies that were less then 6 months old!!
Hoz and Darin tie for first place in the 50 miler
Tom finishing his first 50 miler being greeted by his loving & adorable family including their tiny baby who was only a few weeks old at the time of the race
Can't wait to be part of the action next year.


It is great supporting at events eh. The buzz kind of rubs off on you and being out there gives you good bumps.
ReplyDeleteCheers for the comment on my bog too. I always appreciate your positivity....