Thursday, October 14, 2010

per race. NWM. San Francisco










Back in April I posted this blog post - i run to be.

Its truly amazing how fast time has gone by.  And now here I am one day away from San Francisco and four days any from running the Nike Women's Half Marathon. The last time I went to San Francisco I ran the North Face 50km Endurance Challenge (click that link for my post on it) trail race.  It was an amazing experience and I'm actually debating heading back there for this years...if I can recruit a victim to join me. Let's be honesty if that trail race offered a Tiffany's necklace I'd be an auto entry every year.

Tonight instead of staying home to pack (in typical Katie fashion) I went to see Broken Social Scene at the Commodore.  They did not disappoint. Their sound and energy are contagious and now I can't sleep. I was going to try squeeze in a N.Shore run at 5am tomorrow but that has now been moved to post work.

Sorry I disgress.

Back to San Francisco. The game plan is pretty similar to what I envisioned back in April;

Friday: arrive, check in, site seeing
Saturday: brunch, shopping, Treasure Island Music Festival






Sunday: Nike Women's Half Marathon, brunch, shopping, Treasure Island Music Festival
















Monday: Drive to Napa Valley, Wine Tours, Dinner
Our ride-








Our house in Napa (even has a "napping porch")

























Tuesday: More Vino + Food









Wednesday: Back to the city for more exploring (and lets face it shopping.)












My feelings; scared, nervous and stressed. Work is crazy busy and I feel like its a bad time to leave. I've never run a road half marathon so I have the same feelings running through my head about it - scared, nervous and stressed. My typical distance for road running is 10km (even that hurts me) so I just hope to finish with a big smile on my face, laughing & loving my new Tiffany's necklace. And hopefully painfree.

















Now to decide what to wear!
K

2 comments:

  1. I have faith in you!Go get it tiger! Crank up those tunes, lean into it and run LIKE THE WIND!Have fun :D

    By the way- i can't stop playing Angus and Julia Stone!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! you will do great :)

    xoxo
    Smeigle

    ReplyDelete