Monday, November 8, 2010

Chickpea Burgers

After an action packed weekend of H2H (short post coming soon) and hitting up the North Shore trails yesterday I needed a chill night at home tonight.  It was filled with music, recovery and good eats. I made dinner with some of my favourite foods - I'll call these Chickpea Burgers (without the buns).

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (1 regular size can)
  • 2 tbsp chopped red onion (recipe called for this but I skipped it)
  • 2 large garlic cloves, chopped (I crushed mine and used 3 cloves)
  • 3-4 tbsp flour, to thicken mixture for shaping (I substituted Coconut flour which is gluten free and contains more fiber)
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp coriander
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
 
Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Combine the chickpeas, onion, garlic, flour, spices, s+p and olive oil in a food processor and blend until everything well combined and smooth. The mixture should make 8 small balls or patties which you can form with wet hands. Bake in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until they are golden brown.
I ate mine in a gluten free wrap with hummus, tomatoes, lettuce, little bit of feta cheese and avocado.  You could also serve them in a pita or wrap or on top of a salad.
They also taste really good served like a bunless burger.  I put hummus directly on them and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
~Enjoy~

2 comments:

  1. i'll try these! they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you tried them! I'm going to post a healthly cookie bit recipe this weekend. They are gluten free, vegan and sugar free - full or oats and bananas - so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete