It’s a big week/weekend for me.
First off and most importantly this weekend is the Golden Ears 5 Peak Trail Race the first in the 5 Peaks BC race series. Golden Ears is located in Maple Ridge, I grew up camping at the provincial campground. The area is absolutely stunning. I’m racing the Endro Course which is 14km. I just peeked at the list of registered racers I expected to recognized a few more names but a couple stood out. Duncan Coo and Tom Craik both really quick I’ll try to make sure they lose me of the start line so I don’t blow up too quickly. I also noticed two female names - don’t know them but I remember seeing their names last year and they're fast - Amy Roesler and Emily Solsberg. I’ll post results and a race report over the weekend. Can’t wait the 5 Peaks races are so much fun!
Post race I have to race back downtown because I'm moving! Closer to the ocean, mountains and downtown Vancouver – now accepting volunteers for Saturday afternoon - pizza, beer and ice cream will be served. Bring your swimming suit because my new building has a pool (I'm going to get swimming lessons), hot tub (can you say recovery), steam room, sauna and a GYM!
Sunday I’m hoping to get in a long run (hoping is the key word); with the Tenderfoot Boogie 50km race fast approaching - only 3 weekends until the race! I want to get in two more long runs before the race and have one weekend for my taper. That’s my next few days – fingers crossed for sunny weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hmmmm I know someone who could give you some swimming lessons (wink, wink) Good luck with the move. I can't wait to come see the new place. Fingers crossed for nice weather too!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Smeigle
I forgot YOU'RE not just a French Teacher extraordinaire!! A swimming teacher too – I’ll be a French speaking fish before I know it! Can't wait for my first lesson "teacher" :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Princess, but I'm thinking the same about Coo right now. Let him get out ahead so I don't go lactic trying to hang on. Hopefully he'll go lactic and we can cruise right by. FAT CHANCE ON THAT! He's running stronger than even he knows right now.
ReplyDeleteAlso, isn't a French speaking fish a frog?
See ya Saturday.