Where to begin? How's about my training this past week? Here's the low down - after a recovery weekend last weekend I really laid it on heavy this week (for me).
monday - tempo run in zone 3 - 45 minutes of real effort
tuesday - zone 3 "playing in my zone" 3 minutes at high end, 3 minutes at low end and repeat
wednesday - planed to do Grouse Grind up and down twice in a row but ended up going up and down the BCMC once at an aggressive pace (zone 3 heart rate). Yes, I was weak but I wasn't feeling well... I'll accomplish my GG^2 goal in the coming weeks.
thursday - zone 5 - 5 sets of 95% effort for 3 minutes with 4 minute recovery and then 2 sets of 100% effort with 4 minute recovery in between
friday - POKER RUN 400 - show down!!
The Princess vs. Reubinator
Pricey Runs vs. Clint
It was tough! The Princess (15:05) and Pricey Runs came out victorious in our respective groupings. Key elements for a Poker Run:
saturday - zone 1 run - met Brad at the base of Grouse mountain and ran to Lynn Headwaters along BP trail and back. I think we ended up covering 16-18km.
sunday - zone 1 long run - Stephan and I ran the Tenderfoot boogie training run just outside of Squamish. Our leader let us know the directions for our run at the start line. "Just keep running and following the trail markers for 25-30 km when you reach the ski's stuck beside the trail, then stay left."
Seriously thats not much when you think of where we were and the distance we were covering but no big deal - right?
The run was beautiful and we end up running a little bit extra...we got lost at the ski's and again after the ski's but it was an absolutely gorgeous day so no complaints from me. During this run I stopped a number of times to take in the new scenery. Waterfalls, crazy view points and a cruise through the Whistler Olympic village check. check. check just another weekend day.
In total we ended up running about 35kms. After lunch in Squamish and a sleepy drive home I was recharged and it was only 3pm.
Driving over the Lions gate bridge I decided I should lay down another 10km on the seawall and enjoy every second of this great day. So I did - a quick stop to my apartment to shower and put on clean running clothes and road shoes and I was off.
Sushi for dinner and I was set to tuck into bed early but then my friend called..."hey I have an extra ticket to go see the Black Eye Peas VIP aftershow - you game?" I not a huge Black Eye Peas fan but how could I turn down free live music?
So now I type while I do my hair getting ready for the show.
tomorrow is a rest day (maybe Yoga if I can fit it in) and the Miike Snow concert at the Commodore.
tuesday I'm hoping my legs are back for some zone 3 action and then I'm going to see The XX at the Commodore.
wednesday I'm off to Toronto for work - but I'm back in time for another weekend of training;)
I feel like I should be scheduling myself some time to sleep in there - but as a wise friend once told me.
You can sleep when your old...
Sorry for so many pics - I couldn't decide which to share - I love them all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a little machine! It does sound like a hell of alot of training though?
ReplyDeleteTake one to know one right?? But today is DEFINITELY a rest day - I'm beat. Wait until you see the photos of the Squamish run - its so great.
ReplyDeleteHi, Princess
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind my adding you to my blog as one to watch.
Have a good time in TO and let me know if you want to run this weekend. Probably Saturday for 2.5.
Run Now guy.
:)Can't wait to see the photos!
ReplyDeleteHey Run Now Guy!
ReplyDeletethanks for the add ;) hope you don't mind if I do the same.
Saturday I'm running out at Golden Ears helping lead a 5 Peaks training group - scary - I have no idea where I'm going. Please don't tell them I figure if l act confident people will follow me worry free.
A run Sunday would be nice if you're up for it.