When I say little I mean little in age not size - he's 6'2 and solid like a rock - and I just learned that 9 months in the dessert has lead to major speed gains for him his 10km time decreased by 8 minutes he's 6 minutes faster then me now!
It was definitely a smart decision to skipped out on a goal race and head to Edmonton to surprise my bro at the airport. He was so happy to see us.
The decision to go to Edmonton coincided with a promised to myself to take a full two weeks off with absolutely no running or real psychical actively to allow my knee to heel and my body in general, I have not been feeling like myself for a while. I have been feeling completely exhausted and unmotivated to workout or even be social (returning friends phone calls or emails was feeling like WORK!) I am attributing this lack of energy to my busy life, recently deciding to leave a job I really enjoy for a new opportunity (scary!), moving, being sick for almost four weeks and just life in general. blah
Back to the fun stuff - here's some pics from my trip:
We ran into a bear outside of jasper
I bought Hawaiian outfits for my younger brothers to wear and made some signage so Travis wouldn't miss us in the crowd of families welcoming home the soldiers.
Minutes after our reunion at 4:00am on the base


Edmonton proved to be just what the doctor ordered. My weekend consistented of family time- Travis arrived home in prefect health, fitter then even, tanned and completely excited to be home. We are so grateful for his safe return. And he learnt a lot from the process.
I got to meet of a bunch of his friends - He really has a great support group there which puts me at ease with him living away from our family. We spent the weekend walking around the city - the weather was fantastic! Eating; at some lovely restaurants, BBQing, and of course we did some partying to celebrate Travs return. I took the time to enjoy, relax and even did a little shopping. More on my new purchase coming in my next post.


No comments:
Post a Comment