I have been neglecting blogging. The last two weeks I have been fighting a nasty cold, coupled with busy times at work and trying to settle into my new apartment. Please forgive. I promise to bring some exciting new content over the coming weeks. I.E. finish the 5 draft posts I've started.
Hi to my friends who have recently learned about my blog...
OK - back to the training goods.
At 5 Peaks Golden Ears I did something to my left knee (same one that I consistently had issues with since my car accident). I have been trying to take it really easy.
Last week I did Yoga "for sports" on Monday, Zone 3 on Tuesday and took Wed-Fri completely off (mostly due to my cold but resting the knee helped comfort me in making this decision). Saturday I ran the Grouse to Deep Cove route with Duncan, Brad and Matt. I ended up losing them at power line and somehow found myself at the Seymour Grind alone with my ipod and heart rate monitor. I haven't run the trails alone in a while and I really took this time to run for me instead of trying to keep up with the speed demons I normally run with. I was probably alone for less then a hour but it was really nice. We finished off the ran with a fantastic ice bath in the ocean at Deep Cove. It felt so good, I think every run should end in the water surrounded by funny people (I'm not going to mention names but one of the dudes has been shaving his legs and he put me to shame with us smoothness). After the run my knee was pretty sore so I have taken Sunday/Monday/Tuesday off.
I'm going to head to the BCMC now and hope to get in a good strength training session after. Tomorrow and Friday I'm hoping to fit in some cross training at the gym by doing a couple spin classes. Saturday will be a rest day and then I'm running the Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday its going to be a quick and pounding run so I'm hoping this knee holds out for me. Post race Brad and I are heading for brunch with the Coo to celebrate...road running??? haha maybe not, we just like to eat! Looking for suggestions on a great place to go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


finally !! I have been checking and checking (mostly because I am supposed to be reading and this is a much more interesting read than my homework reading)
ReplyDeletehope your knee and cold get better soon.
Once this week is over...and my presentation is DONE...maybe we can set up a swimming lesson hangout :)
xoxo
Smeigle