Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rolling with the punches

I completely fell in love with a new band at Sasquatch - The National - I already enjoyed their music but when they performed live they were spectacular. They had a extraordinary energy and I felt a great connection to their music. The song I'm Afraid of Everyone is a particular favorite of mine - give the clip a watch, until at least 3:20 in it gets amazing.

The National - I'm Afraid of Everyone (Live) from Andrew Lawandus on Vimeo.


They are coming to Vancouver in September (I already bought my tickets) I definitely recommend purchasing tickets if you haven't already.

I had a fantastic post work run this afternoon. The sun was out, the sky was clear and beautiful Stanley Park whispered my name. I headed out for an hour through the trails, it was the prefect escape to mind freedom and distress. While on my run I realized since December I really haven't been injury free for more then 4 weeks straight. And as such I've had to the shift goals I had set for myself. Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks. As I begin to dive back into training I'm going to try record my progress more accurately see if I notice any patterns. I'm also checking out the race calendar for the next few months for a couple new goal races. 

I am looking for a 50km or 80km trail race near Vancouver in mid to late August. I have a couple other adventures I'm scheming up which I'm really excited about.

I leave you with this picture. After my run I headed to Nuba and picked up take out which I brought with me to eat on the Seawall in False Creek (in Olympic Village). It was a great evening ocean side.  

Look out week - I'm coming for you!


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear training is picking back up. Let's get out for a run and then mountain biking this weekend if the weather is good.

    A new goal race, can't wait to see what you pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "The National" vid. Thanks for sharing that as I missed Letterman that night! ;)

    ReplyDelete