Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coo & the Chicks

We received our first snow fall of the year today!! And I wasn't about to let a little snow get in the way of a little adventure I had planned. A couple of my girlfriends and I had arranged a 22km run from Grouse Mountain to Deep Cove.

We had special guest join us at the last minute - The Lazy Trail Runner - himself Mr. C. He wrote a funny post on his blog about the run - check it out here - but I still wanted to share some of my favorite pics from the day.
Me, Claire, Carolyn and Dayna
Chicks on run; Baden Powell Trail
Photo credit: Coo - definitely has an eye for photography as you'll see
Watch our for the bridges they are slippery! (PC: Coo)
Love this shot, a little bit of popping green amongst the prefect white dusting (PC: Coo)
Technical downhill section - Coo, Me, Carolyn & Claire
And LOTS of uphill climbing which Coo crushed
The lovely ladies - stopping for a photo shoot
Coo smokin' the hills
(PC: Coo)
Stunning shot of a river crossing - (PC: Coo)
Me climbing the Seymour Grind
checking out how far we'd climbed
Cruising down towards Old Buck (happy to not be running up Old Buck)
Taking a moment to enjoy this absolutely perfect day, fresh snow dusting the trail + sunny
Right near the end at Quarry Rock Deep Cove - The gent that took this shot for us proceeded to tell us..."don't worry girls you are close to the end of the trail and by the looks of it you'll "smash" this next section.  Good on ya!"

3 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love some of those shots !!!

    XO Smeigle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed it. What a perfect weekend of running, Princess. C ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the credits! such a good day out..

    ReplyDelete