I have a lot going on in my life right now; I find my mind is racing from family, friends, relationships, work, school, sports, goals and life direction and of course San Francisco this weekend!
Normally as soon as my head hits the pillow at night I fall deep asleep until my alarm wakes me in the morning. But for the past few weeks I have been finding it difficult to fall asleep and the sleep I'm getting isn't as peaceful. I contribute some of my sleep (or lack of sleep) problems to my racing mind. I also contribute some of my sleep problem to my taper. Since I'm tapering for my race I only ran for an hour on Saturday and took a complete rest day Sunday. I am used to spending hours every weekend in the trails where it's so calm (I get a lot of thinking done) and I'm used to keeping myself so busy with activity that I'm exhausted by the time I close my eyes at night.
I read the following last night and it really stuck with me.
"There's something so universal about the sensation we get from running, the way it unites our two most primal impulses; fear and pleasure. We run when we're scared, we run when we're ecstatic, we run away from our problems and run around for a good time."
Can't wait to get in a good long run this Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Just read many of your postings...it is great to see so many positive thoughts on here. I enjoyed :)
ReplyDelete<3 Smeigle
Good luck this weekend in Frisco. I have no doubts you'll find your peace out there. There might be other people around, but really, it's just you and the elements. It sounds like you might be a "Run Now" kinda' gal. Cool!
ReplyDeleteThanks Smeigle - I'll be comfortably uncomfortable thinking of you this weekend:)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks Tom:)