I think I've found the cure for anyone who is feeling unhappy or a bit depressed; trail running, sunny sky, great company and amazing music!
The last 6 weeks I have been focused on recovery & healing which has meant no trail running. This morning I ventured back onto the trails with a great group of runners at Pacific Spirit Park. I ran 9.3 km in 53 minutes at a nice zone 1 pace. I haven't been able to stop smiling all day!! I think it's combination of being back on the trails, my body feeling good on the trails (pain-free) and the fabulous weather we are having in Vancouver.
There is a buzz and excitement that is growing in Vancouver every day. I'm sooooo excited for next week and the Olympics to begin. I think you need to add experiencing the Olympics to your bucket list because words can't explain it:) My perfect morning is being capped off by listening to great music on one of my new favorite websites thesixtyone while I get ready to head downtown to explore my city and meet some new people with my Smeigel.
I sure hope happiness is contagious because I'm going to be spreading a happiness virus today.
Enjoy your weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice one :) Good to hear that you are now pain free.....and isn't it good to be back on the dirt!?
ReplyDelete