Last week was super! Here's a recap:
monday
yoga and dinner with my cousin Sean who is in town working for the Olympics (he's a police officer from Toronto)
tuesday
AM push strength training 4 sets; squats x 15, shoulder press x 15, dips x 15 and pushups x 15
PM grouse grind
wednesday
AM targeted leg exercises and long stretch session
PM zone 3 on treadmill 10 minute warm up then 4 sets of 3 minutes low end 3 minutes high end, abs class and more stretching
thursday
AM strength training 4 sets; deadlifts x 15, bent over row x 15, upright row x 15, handstand push ups x 6
PM zone 5 on treadmill with Pricey 10 minute warm up then 4 sets of hard zone 5 training; 3 minutes at high end of zone with 6 minutes of recovery in between followed by a 10 cool down and stretch. (and Nuba for dinner - yummy!)
friday
AM circuit training 4 sets; dips x 10, pushups x 15, burpees x 20, situps x 30, jumping jacks x 50
saturday!!
10km trail run at Pacific Spirit Park - felt SOOOO good to be outside!!! And then Nicole and I walked around Vancouver for hours checking out all the Olympic magic
sunday
AM zone 1 on treadmill for an hour and half. This is a day I'm thankful for training partners. Pricey and I had arrange to meet at his gym for our run. We were both sore and tired but pushed each other through the workout and felt great after.
Following my run I went to see the movie "Race Across the Sky" with my friends; Pricey, McGregor, Sara, Stefan and Darrin. The movie is about the Leadville 100 Mile Mountain Bike race. It was filmed last year and features some amazing stories including Lance Armstrong setting a new course record. Here a clip - I definitely recommend this movie.
In the coming weeks and months I will build my running mileage up on the weekends with 10% increases. My goal is to maintain my cross training efforts; 3 x strength training per week, spinning and yoga.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment